Job title : Project Finance Portfolio Manager
Duration: 6 month contract, with possibility of extension and permanent position
Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada (Currently working remotely)
Chappuis Halder and Co. is a global consulting firm dedicated to Financial Services.
CH&Co operates in more than 10 cities around the world, including New York, Montreal, Paris, London, Geneva, Hong Kong and Singapore, with over then 300 professional and a steady growth over the last 3 years and an ambitious plan to become a global leading challenger in management consulting specialized in the FS industry.
We are currently recruiting for a Financial Project Portfolio Manager for a contract of approximately 6 months to work for one of our clients in the financial sector.
- Responsible for portfolio management functions supporting Project Finance business lines (Oil & Gas, Power, Metals and Mining and Infrastructure);
- Process amendments, waivers, and consents for assigned transactions, by preparing credit applications with recommendations and obtaining all required internal credit approvals;
- Prepare and present quarterly and annual credit reviews (including financial analysis, financial modeling projections, rating assessment and proposal) for assigned accounts;
- Follow the risks of the counterparty during the lifetime of the loan (covenant follow up, securities eligibility, collateral valuation, events management, etc);
- Responsible for credit monitoring and reporting including Watch List Triggers and Early Warning Indicators;
- Perform quarterly watch-list and provision reviews and present the same in meetings with the Business Line and the Risk department;
- Prepare reports and responses to regulators as part of the US Annual Shared National Credit examination;
- Assist in internal and external audits and examinations of portfolios from a credit risk standpoint;
- Participate in workout of troubled portfolio credits in close cooperation with the relevant departments.
- Knowledge of Project Finance;
- Fluent with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Debtdomain, Intralinks and/or Syndtrack.
- Strong financial and credit analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and multitask;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, deadline-focused environment;
- Ability to work independently;
- Comfortable working with legal documentation;
- Knowledge of cash flow modeling and analysis and valuation skills developed in a financial services environment;
- Bilingual: French and English, spoken and written.
- Spanish speaking.
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 7 years banking experience, preferably in structured finance.
- Prior Project Finance Portfolio Management role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration; Finance, Accounting.
- MBA, CFA
JOIN THE ADVENTURE
Do you want to join a successful entrepreneurial consulting firm and actively team up on projects that have a real impact on financial services industry? Do you want to join our crew of passionate people who invest in expertise and R&D, share experience among communities and network at our monthly meetings or client events? Do you want to join the adventure? Send your application to our HR Manager Julie Boisvenue: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT CHAPPUIS HALDER
At CH&Co. we strive to be the preferred global management consulting partner for financial services organizations of today and tomorrow. We work as one with our clients in global and local markets to design, create and implement results-driven management consulting solutions that make sense in practice. Our combined consulting and deep financial services expertise allows us to bring fresh perspectives, thought leadership and hands-on advice that has immediate impact. Through consistently delivering tangible results that last, we have grown to become a team of more than 300 professionals with offices in Europe, North America and Asia. Our values define how we behave as a firm, and shape the culture and character of our company. These are the driving principles by which we have grown and will continue to do so in the future. Passion – We bring passion and dedication to everything we do. We want to make a difference in the financial services world. Commitment – We see our clients’ business as our own and put all our energy and passion into helping them achieve lasting success. Openness – We are always transparent and honest. We believe in listening, respecting each other’s points of view and working seamlessly with our clients. Curiosity – We believe in progress, renewal, improvement and innovation. We are always asking questions and challenging ourselves to do things better and differently Self Starters – Our entrepreneurial energy propels us forward. We are self starters that do what it takes to make things happen. Pragmatism – We are focused on delivering tangible results for our clients. Our ideas, advice and innovations are always actionable in practice.