Client Needs & Objectives
- Our client, a major CIB mandated us to assist in the implementation and execution of the Accountability Framework for their Data Quality Improvement Program
- The project was a key strategic milestone for the bank as it was part of the institution’s process of creating cumulative accountability across systems and business lines
The project was broken down into 3 sections:
1. Roles & Responsibilities: identifying and developing an ownership structure for each Key Data Element (KDE) and tracking the progress of role acceptance
2. Reference Framework (RF): Creation of contracts between departments outlining ownership, data quality rules, gaps and applicable KDEs to ensure that cumulative accountability is adopted across the organization with respect to data quality, transformation and reporting
3. Certification: Ensuring that controls endorsed by business owners in the reference framework are executed and reviewed on a quarterly basis
Each section had its own dedicated team, objectives and set of detailed recommendations.